Herbicide timing after fert

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, Sep 23, 2001.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, was just wondering what you would recommend for delay time for spraying Millenium Ultra after you have put down a 50% slow release fertilizer. I just put down fert on one propertey along with MachII (i know, its kinda late) and now have to spray for broadleaf weeds. This would'nt be an issue aside from the fact that my timing was blown by no rain for about 2 months. Thanx for the help!
  2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

You shouldn't have to wait at all.
  3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Broadleaf weed control are applied simultaneously all the time. No wait required.
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I apply dry fertilizer and spray broadleaf weed control at the same visit to a property. There is no need to wait to do your
    spraying. I'd say your a little late on your Mach II application.
    I know you can get some first and second instar control w/ Mach II , but it works best put down early as a preventative control.
    :) ;) :) ED
  5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello GrazerZ

You did mention being behind schedule due to drought conditions. If rains have returned, & the lawns ( and weeds ) are actively growing; spray away.

Try to avoid herbicides if the lawns are still drought streesed. The weeds won't translocate the herbicide ( won't die ), and you will create more stress for the turf.

Fertilizer & weed sprays on the same day are an accepted & encouraged practice. As the weeds die & collapse, the increased turf vigor allows for the turf canopy to gradually repair itself.

6. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Thanx for the imput guys. I'm still learning the basics since I got my license this year. I also like to do things the right way, so I'm glad that it ok to spray. It will put me back on schedule finally!!!:blob3: