Herbicides and Ride on spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Scott's Lawn Maintenance, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious to which herbicides everyone is using with thier ride ons . I have only used lesco three way with mine for broadleaf control with decent results .

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i've ran atarzine,manor, celsius, dismiss, certainty, all have worked good. depending on the product depends on what size tip i use....

i have also ran bifen xts, arena, and dominion.

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

For your ride-on psrayer, what tips are you using? i ha ve two PG manchines and thing sometimes I should have different tips - I am usually in high all the time.

I use only trimic for broadleaf in my area. Some crabgrass (MSMA)

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I run Momentum FX2, Vessel, and on occasion, TZone and Drive XLR8 thru my PG. I do not run any specialty herbicides thru it though, I spot spray those with a backpack as needed.

5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Speedzone,elimimate,flight control,etc.

6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Three way ester in the spring, Triplet early summer, Horsepower & Acclaim July and Aug, Drive and triplet Sept to the end.

7. Turf Smarts

Turf Smarts LawnSite Member

Eliminate LO is a low-odor formulation of Three-Way and works great, even on violets & ground ivy. The price is much better than Momentum or Speedzone with the same, if not better, results. We did try Speedzone but the odor was awful and results no better.

8. chevyflan

chevyflan LawnSite Member
    from iowa

How much water are putting per 1000

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I mix the tank with 46 oz of trimic / 12 gallon tank on the PG machine. They say it should do around 34K I beleive - to the most part it is usually close. Water / 1000 sq ft - honestly I have never measured that out.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Each machine is a little different. I mix 60 oz three way-type herbicide with 12 gals water. This is for the std 1.1-1.5 oz/K sq ft three way.