Here are some leaf cleanups we did today, check the leaf loader

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by grassman177, Nov 3, 2009.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

THought i would take some pics today of me and a crew member doing some leaf removals with backpack blowers and our leaf vac machine.

This is quite different than most of you on here have, but we are trying to brand a service with this. It is a 27hp lq colled kaw powered leaf vac with hydro dump and battery charger built in!

It has a 12 in feed tube that goes into the impellar that is like 2.25ft in dia with a more than 1" thick impellar blades.

WELL, here are the pics and we are going to mow these in the next couple of days, but we would have been there forever trying to mow and bag all that.

DCP_1533.jpg

DCP_1534.jpg

DCP_1535.jpg

DCP_1536.jpg

DCP_1538.jpg

2. grassman177

more pics 4u

DCP_1540.jpg

DCP_1543.jpg

DCP_1544.jpg

DCP_1545.jpg

DCP_1547.jpg

3. grassman177

and one more

DCP_1548.jpg

4. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, Keep up the good work!

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Good Stuff - wish me had leaves like that down here so I could get some of that money!

6. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Wish I had a leaf vac.. im stuck with a tarp and bags.

7. grassman177

man, i did the same thing back when i went full time under my dad out of high school. been a while since then. it is nice to have great tools of the trade, but it takes work to afford those nice tools, keep at it man

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a nice setup....ya missed a leaf by the curb! :laugh: Just messin' with ya! Looks great.

9. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Lol I have put many many hours to get where I am today.... Soon enough I will have a Ford F150 or Ranger and buld a leaf box on it in the fall. I cant wait for that day.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Actually there is another way.......no more leaves than was on these properties could be easily and quickly mulched with almost any mower. One guy on mower and another guy rounding them up. And if the customer is really really picky then you could vac the rest up with a little 21". I have done many many many jobs over the years this way.