1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Here come the new guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by double e, Mar 16, 2001.

1. double e

double e LawnSite Member

It's that time of the year again- I'm seeing all the new scrubs on the road that will last a season or two. I'm not knocking you new guys starting a ligitament bus., just the ones with no lic., and insurance.

I'm seeing all kinds of new businessses that claim they do it all:

"Electrician work and Lawncare"

I'm still waiting for:

-Heart Surgeory

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I talked to my dealer today and he said that he has already dealt with 9 new scabs so far. Thats just great, theres already 1 yard guy for every 4 yards in my town. GEEEEZE!
  3. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

You guys dont even know about to many LCOs or so called LCO,s come to Seymour IN
  4. Years ago when I first started, I did brain surgery on the weekends to make ends meet. I had all the tools already, just had a hard time keeping the damn bone saw sharp.

They won't last and wilt in August. Hold your prices and ground.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

"Lazer" Karaoke anyone?
  6. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

I have always been under the impression that unless you have a registered trademark (ie.your name), thta you are fighting a loseing battle. I have seen it here where someone has Custom Lawn care and then someone will come out with CLC on the trucks and all the paperwork says Custom Lawn Care.
  7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

They last for years and years here!
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I think it is required by law in South Carolina that you haul a trailor and mower behind your vehicle. Anyone caught not doing so will have to immediatly go out a get a real Dayummm Job

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Here too! And it doesn't matter if they fail cause theres always a new batch of them the next year.