Here comes da snow..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass-scapes, Jan 20, 2005.

1. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

First snow of the season (other than a dusting) moving in tonight. Supposed to get 2 inches. I know you people in the north don't blink an eye with that amount (Ive lived in NY and grew up in Michigan) People down here go nuts. I have 3 fast food restaurants that want the lots plowed with 1 inch. LOL we will see what he wants in the morning when I get up. do you know how hard it is to reserve a bobcat for snow removal down here? I called monday to reserve one for Saturday, which was the expected day. I may not be able to get it tomorrow. Oh well.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

It's coming down here, too. We are expecting 1 - 3 inches overnight, and maybe more over the next 2 days. Good luck.

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, we only ended up with wet roads anda light dusting on the grass. Now tomorrow its supposed to be an 80% chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet. Thats gonna be a mess. Then maybe more snow sunday morning.

Where's my ice melt.......LOL

4. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

1 st big storm here cant wait to get out their we only had 2 or 3 little storms with with very little accumalation be safe and make some Money!!!!!!!!! :blob3:

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Northern NJ, we are supposed to get 12-18" of snow total according to NOAA Winter Weather Warning. Time to make some serious money!!!!!

6. BobwithECLC

BobwithECLC LawnSite Member

Wow you guys sound the way we were talking last season. This year has been very busy they are calling for 6-12" of the white stuff. I cant wait!

7. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

ha I'm suppose to get between 10-20 incehes,this is gonna be good.

8. samk

samk LawnSite Member

just testing