here goes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Apr 10, 2000.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Im getting a demo Great Dane 61&quot; 25hp for $6900.00 including a new set of blades and a mulch plate. When I picked it up it had 16 hours on it, now 20.5. The cut is great and speed is awsome. I've kicked it around for years and Ive just got to get one, I'm covered up. <br>I can either pay help, or get this and pay it off for about the same amount I think a helper will cost this year. Ive put the pencil to the paper and a helper will cost me and I have nothing to show, or I can buy the Dane, and next year Ill still have it, and the next, and the next, and the next.<br>Only 2 commercial dealers in town ,others 30 min others over an hour away. Local severice on this one, first out, and parts that might need to be orderd next day guarenteed, (as long as fright companys dont mess up).<br>I think it is a good deal, regularly his price is 7900.00 on a list of 8399.00. Hes wanting to move this one so he can get a 2000 model. Plus some exposier on the machines period. What better wat to advertise then commercial cutters. Hes a small dealer whos been around a several years and has only sold them to high doller homeowners. <br>Going to try and make another deal, a set of blades for everyone who I send to look at them and they buy one from him. What do you think? Jim

2. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Jim, Good deal. I'm a believer in buying equipment that will cut labor cost. Nobody wants to work anymore and equipment ususally has fewer hangups:).<p><br>Chris

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like a good deal but I have a question. Because it is a demo 99 model will the warranty(s) still be in effect for the full term or not? I am only asking because I have had some major work done to my mowers engine in the first two year warranty period as well as after the warranty expired. Just something you might want to ask. Good Luck.

4. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, the new warrenties(sp) do apply.<br>1 year everything, 2 years moter,3 years wheel moters 5 years pumps. If I remember right.

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Last spring I bought a Dixie Chopper for the same reason, spend over $15000 on an employee or spend $9000 on a mower that I can use for years. Best decision I've ever made.