1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Here I am, supposed to be out working..

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cessnasovereign, May 15, 2006.

1. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

:realmad: :gunsfirin :help: :cry: Do you ever have those days, when you feel like something is after you, trying to ruin your life? :dizzy:
    EVERY monday is that day for me. Let's see, last monday the rod that hold the gate on my trailer up, slipped out of my hand and busted a new tail light, the other side busted me in my knee, then I hit a huge hidden ant hill that was like clay and, you guessed it, bent my blades and broke some rod on the deck which has taken a week to get in. So I've been using the old backup mower, which I get out to my first house today, unload EVERYTHING then try to start the mower, it won't start. I jiggle some wires, still nothing. I look at the battery and what do you know, somehow it has melted the negative terminal, COMPLETELY and welded the screw to the mower and burnt the wires. :cry: :cry:

I'm seriously considering not working another monday, this stuff happens EVERY monday to me, which is my busiest day. I can never plan anything for monday evenings because, even though I should be done working by 4 or 5, something always happens where I don't get done til 7 or 8!

/end rant.
  2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you need to move everything to Terrible Tuesday
  3. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems like everyday presents new challenges. Some are bigger than the other.

I hear what you are saying. I've come to the conclusion that life is full of challenges and it's the way we deal with those challenges that define who we are.

I am still working on the dealing part.

ps. Every time I see my son's mother, another challenge.
  4. CBramble

CBramble LawnSite Member

Funny how it always happens when you are so dang busy, why can't it happen on a slow day.......:hammerhead:
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For me, if i try to get a day to get a ton of big landscape jobs done, it will rain or something big will happen. Never fails! I hear what you are saying!!! Life goes on in spite of it though......
  6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to agree..most of my breakdowns, flat tires, problems, etc happen on Mondays. Sorry to tell you this, but it has always been that way for me, 11 years and counting. I expect it now.
  7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I got off my Kubota with a belly mower today. Front right side rod that holds the deck up had broken off. Small welding job. I had to use a bungy cord to hold it up off the ground so I could finish the job :rolleyes: Then when I was about to finish I saw smoke coming from under the hood. The radiator screen had clogged up completely from the 5 hours of mowing causing it to over heat. The radiator now has a pin hole in the top:hammerhead:
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

it's called "being in business"
  9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, true Rod, and just when I think I've seen it all, something happens that makes me just shake my head...
  10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Just buy a bobble head and save your neck.