1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Here is a buy.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Not a bad price but boy its been beat up quite abit. That would be a machine you would want to go look in person your really taking a chance buying that machine just from the pictures.

3. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I think it was a steal. I have seen worse with more hours go for more.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

not a bad deal

5. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

That is a steal for sure. Call cat and make sure that S/N# doesn't fall into the same as all the others.. ( Oil pick up tube falling off and making the engine go poof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Read the fine print, Oil pressure light comes on and engine starts hard and runs rough, If your a mechanic and have access to parts it would be A o.k. deal

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

My guess which might be a little low, but with no cab I would guess about 45K. Which if that is true translates into about $31.00 an hour. Take a moment to process that. Imagine buying a machine for 45K then 1100 hours later sell it for 10K! Part of that is likely because the economy sucks, and the rest is due to it being a CAT MTL. Honestly if you buy one these machines new at this point, you have too much money or your not watching the market. :weightlifter:

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I never noticed it doesn't have a cab yep that knocks some money off. Not a machine that you can use all year round.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You can, it's just not enjoyable. I never liked running skid steers in the rain. It always accumulates on the glass skylight and if you hit a bump it'll end up in your lap. A real joy.