here is a cheap way to sharpen your blades the rightway!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got mine in yesterday, got it off Ebay late last week. Offered 250$ shipped and they accepted instantly ( might try offering a little less next time! )

I have tried bench grinders, belt sanders and now I am excited to try this, I think this will work the best, and even though 250$ is alot more than a 40$ bench grinder, my time saved is easily worth the extra cost, plus I think this will give me a better more even edge on the blades.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bradley-Lawn-Mo...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

2. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and it is awesome........

3. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, may have to try one. Give us some feedback after you use it.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is an excellent price for a grinder of that caliber.

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I found the best way is to put the blade in a vise, and use an angle grinder. Can get it perfect everytime.

6. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

does this grinder keep it at the 30 degree angle and everthing. i would like to get some sort of blade grinder to make me not dred changing blades. and to make sure it is getting done right for a better cut.

7. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Yes.
    The grinding angle is adjustable.

8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

2 weeks ago I bought a Oregon blade grinder off ebay item #30025187965 or search blade grinder. It looks similer to the one you purchased. Takes a little getting used to but so far I like it. To adjsut the pitch simply turn the wheel till the stone hits the center of the blade, is that how you have been doing it?

9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see a whole lot of difference between that and a bench grinder.
    What someone needs to come up with is an adjustable jig for a bench grinder.
    Hey, wait a minute....disregard that last sentence. he he he

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

With these you get a streight even cut and the pitch is correct. It makes a difference on the quality of your mowing