Here is a good deal for you Walker Lovers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJB, Jul 26, 2006.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Are they that expensive for such a small mower? I know they bag and have a good cut.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, any of that type of mower is not cheap. They are a more complex machine than a normal mid mount ZTR. They basically have a built in trak vac system sorta. There is a gearbox in there that runs a blower/shredder that sucks the debri from the deck and stuffs it up into the hopper.

We sell Bobcat mowers and they make something similar...the ZT125 which would probably go for 12k new. I think the power unit is around 10k and then you have to buy a deck and they only make it in like 2 sizes...and the 2 sizes are real close like a 40" and a 44".

I think Walker has more options but they dont get very big or go very small for some reason.

4. MJB

from Wa

Yes They are an excellent mower if you need to bag a lot. The hopper is around 7 bushels. This mower has a side discharge deck also ,I think 48" not sure that you can carry on your trailer and go from bagging to discharging in 5 or 10 minutes. That deck alone cost over $1300. These are great for certain markets I use to bag everything and I had 1 like this in fact I still do. Mine has over 3000 hrs and still runs pretty good I use it once per week for an odd job I do. But it is a 1992 model.

5. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

If I could get $6,000 for my 20hp 2001 model, I'd sell it in a heartbeat and buy a larger hydro walkbehind. However, I don't think the mower went for $12,000 brand new. Mine was under 10k including tax.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

MJB and dkeisala, just noticed both of you are from the North West. Rainy part I am guessing. Do they bag alot in wet areas like the NW. What ZTR's are popular up there? We probably get more rain a year than you do but it's dry within a few hours usually (55" per year). Just like to know which mowers do better in your climate. Thanks.

7. dkeisala

They clog like crazy in the rain and that's one of the reasons I'm looking to get rid of mine. They're also not the fastest mower on the block and a ***** to maintain. I love the thing when I first got it and there's a lot of them in use around here but for speed and ease of maintenance I think I'm gonna get a hydro walkbehind w/ a larger deck.

8. MJB

from Wa

He bought it in Cut Bank Montana . He paid a little over that but keep in mind that included his extra deck, and the dethacher rake and whatever extras . While there is 500 hrs on the machine that was split between decks. The bagging deck was not used that often in Montana. Both decks are like new.
    I think it would be a steal for someone in the market for one.

9. MJB

from Wa

You have to make sure when mowing in the rain not cut quite a short and to stop and dump more often. If it raining out you'll have problems like any bagger. But if it's just wet from dew or a few hrrs after the rain it does a decent job of cleaning up.

10. dkeisala

I figured at that price the accessories where part of the original deal.

I just listed mine on craiglist for $6,500. Purchased it on 8/27/04 for $9,477.60. Less tax that's about $8,800. $2,300 for 2 years use? Not bad. Wish me luck!