here is a mower im thinking about starting out with

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FART HEAD, Dec 7, 2009.

1. FART HEAD

FART HEAD LawnSite Member

2. RJR7110

RJR7110 LawnSite Member

How many yards do you plan on cutting every week?

3. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Will you be naming your business "FART HEAD"?

4. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

trust me you will spend more on repairs then if you were to find an old comm. mower for sale @ the local dealer or craigslist. trust me i did the same thing back in 04.save some grief & get something that can handle more then a few hours a week.

5. ox6603

ox6603 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

I would definately go after a used walk behind over that. Keep in mind homeowner mowers are built to be used for maybe an hour a week and last for a few years, 30 hrs a year. A commercial mower could see that much in a week, not to mention constant starts and stops
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

At least it is rear wheel drive. It's a new TB model and a new design apparently so a lot is unknown about it.

That TB will get you off the ground, probably not very far off the ground, but get you started.

The day will come soon enough when you regret buying it, however.

I wish now I had bought the good stuff right away, but it looked a lot different back then when I was hemorrhaging cash out with not much cash coming in.

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Troybilts are the junkiest of the junk. Parts are often impossible to get for weeks, if ever. Trust me, you will be lucky to get through one or two weeks with that machine before it falls apart. I was an authorized Troybilt dealer and service center a few years ago. Do not buy any type of Troybilt mower.

8. FART HEAD

Haha, well if i did name it that, bet i would get noticed. no i need a proffesional name. i always thought they where they crapiest of crap to. when i seen it like jay ray said i noticed they have made this one different in some ways. that being said, you guys are right, commercial would be the best idea. i would like to get up to 15 yards this year.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Check out some of the medium priced snappers, Gravleys, Ariens, toros, or John Deeres that DEALERS have available. Do not buy anything sold at Sears or a "big box" store. A dealer will have some lower priced, but solid machines. An independent dealer will also have parts and service available when you need it.

10. FART HEAD

thanks i will do that.