Here is a "what ya know"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Remote Pigtails, May 24, 2007.

1. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

The backward pgp is producing new anomalies. I pulled up to a job to check on my guys and my assistant says "you are not going to believe what I found! This will be a good one for Lawnsite." Well here it is, what is wrong? It may not be a rarity but it was a first for us. Will make you start checking pennies again.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Is the bottom piece a mismatch?
  3. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

The colour coding on the nozzle appears to be for a 12' throw, not the 10' stamped on it.
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, wrong color. I guess you still need to look and not take for granted that it is right. Who knows if it's the wrong color or the wrong stamping.
  5. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

It came in a bag of 12'Hs. We think it is a 10H that got painted brown. Will find dry concrete for testing. (Actually I could tell real quick just watching it) Right now it is being safeguarded in my assistant's shirt pocket where it will end an untimely death on his dresser.
  6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

That is weird. Never seen that. I did have another 2 PGPs today that were backwards. So on this one job, the customer had Hunter PGPs, backwards PGPs, Orbit rotors, Toro rotors, and one K-Rain rotor. Nice,.......... real nice.
  7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like other contractors/current or previous homeowners had their hands in that 1
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

As for the mismatch possibility, I somewhere have a Toro stream rotor nozzle turret, size 02, with a bottom plate from a 63 nozzle. Twelve water outlets, and six water inlets on the turret. Didn't work too good.
  9. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

is it "sprinkler nerdy" to make this my wallpaper?
  10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

You'll have to ask Jon. :laugh: