Here is how I change my blades...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by hartmas, Jul 6, 2008.

1. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

I use my ATV ramps and put them in blocks that have cut outs (for porches). This lets us get under the mower and change the blades.
    It has worked out nice so far.

DSCF0073.jpg

2. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks like a pretty slick rig there. Do you chock the wheels or something when it is up there to make sure the mower doesn't roll back? I'd imagine that works very well for changing blades and doing any under-deck work.

3. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

Thanks! Yes, we make sure the wheels are locked in place.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

can you get under the whole mower...my guys just lift it and put a jack stand under the front lip

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Just use one ramp. Make it steep so it doesn't get in the way. Your set up looks kind of like my trailer ramp and the ramps get in the way when trying to remove blades with an impact.
    I just use a short heavy log and a short length of sleeper screwed together.
    Once driven up, the sleeper barely reaches under the deck giving good access to blades etc. Dont look as pretty as your set up but it works!

6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Whats wrong with a jack?

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

That is Great thinking

8. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

very cool.......

9. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

Thanks all. The blades are positions just right where the impact wrench can fit in and the blades come off with no problem. The security of having the whole mower on ramps is a bit nicer than a jack where it can wobble if you are really doing things to the deck area.

10. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Jungle Jack $125