Here is my first try at some pictures

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Here is some pictures of a building lot we start with before clearing and developing starts. This is a easy lot the road was roughed in couple years ago but the rest needs clearing and flattening out.

buildlot 004b.jpg

buildlot 002c.JPG

buildlot 003b.jpg

2. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

That looks like alot of work...beautiful area...

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Now that I got my moms digital camera figured out which she doesn't know I have I can get some more pictures. I took those later today.

I'am new to digital cameras so its going to take me abit.

4. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

taking the pic is a breeze....downloading on the thread...now thats a different story...but looks like you got the hang of it....

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Reminds me of roadbuilding to houses out here. Lots of trees, steep slopes, no place to screw up. We don't have as much rock but we can hit basalt 2-3 feet down. Caliche is really bad in some places, usually about 4-5 feet down. Most of the time it isn't a big deal for us landscapers, but I did do a big basement dig last year and the top of the cut to the floor was 14 feet, hit caliche about 70% of the way down. Did that job with our 303. I've been on the Sea to Sky Highway, that is nuts what they're doing there.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That is a pretty place. My first investment would be a chain saw. I think I would feel a little clastraphobic (you know what I mean).