Here is some Dumper Love

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Jan 21, 2014.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I bet once you had one it would be used all the time.

I would love one but picking the right size would be important I would think?

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

If I was going to go that route I would want it on tracks
  4. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I am still very very happy with mine. We or the 3001 thinking it would be big enough and it was for most of the jobs. Then we started using a 6001 . Awesome machine. Currently it is on standby for a tunnelling project. I don't know how we worked with out these before.

Neuswede- we have them on tracks and wheels . The tracked one only got 8 hours put on it this year!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

They have a long history in europe, I remember 25 years ago as a kid running one that had to be 30 years old at the time, I remember it had a swing handle to start it.... Run them for awhile in England too.... Wouldn't want it on tracks though... It would be a very different machine...
  6. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I wonder how they would handle shuffling boulders around. lol

Cool little machine. I could see where it would come in handy just not something I could use very often.
  7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea for me it would not be something that I would use on every job, but on certain jobs it could certainly pay its way and in other jobs, the increase in productivity could land you the job. I am thinking about jobs we do for DOE, college campus, high schools, where you cant get dump trucks close to the site of the work (tearing out concrete mostly). Running material back and forth even with a 3K plus skid steer isn't very productive. A dumper could really tip the scales on these types of jobs. Anywhere that you cant get a normal dump truck to dump material or load out material is where a machine like this could save the day. Generally it would have to be the big model. Europe has an even larger model than what they bring to the USA.
  8. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

I used an older Raco wheeled dumper on a creek job where we couldn't get a truck in. It moved a lot of dirt (650 m^3)! The wheeled dumpers shouldn't be overlooked as they don't tear up the ground when they turn as do the tracked machines.
  9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a even just a few loads of dirt to move on site one of these makes sense. I can fit almost 4 buckets from my Case sv300 in the small 3001 dumper and i was fitting a try axle load of stone dust ( 22cy apprx) in 3.5 -4 loads with the 6001.
  10. david bailey

david bailey LawnSite Member

Since I do residential work mostly I use a Toro Workman as my onsite dumptruck. I bought one used from a local golf course. Hydraulic dump and carries a ton of material. It saves the tracks and tires and trips on my trackloader or my tractor plus is better for the yard.
    I've seen one of these tho and they are pretty cool.