1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Here is the gear. - split thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by dhenegar, Jun 14, 2006.

1. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Here is the gear
  2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i don't like the curves but the other ones look ok

looks like it's time for a bigger truck.

can you say......low ride derrrr.....
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The "here's the gear" picture scares me.

It's not the squat, or the idea of pulling the weight...

That's just toooooo much weight to have behind a mini truck.

I wouldn't want to be riding shotgun when you try to stop that!
    That's for sure!!!!

Not trying to give you a hard time.
    I like the mini trucks OK with one ZTR and small equipment.
    But that's my limit.

You need at least a 3/4 ton truck in front of that.
  4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

As envy said it's not the squat or that it's sitting in a valley!! It's called safe breaking distance. With that much weight your breaking distance possibly went from 20ft @ 30mph to 45ft @ 30mph. If your driving at 30 mph your breaking and manuvering in that little truck slows drastically. What if some little kid comes barreling out of an alley and that extra 15ft would have saved his life. Wont matter than whats paid for because it wont be yours anymore. Good Luck!!
  5. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Getsome trailer brakes and a brake contolleris what half of these people is trying to say... They will probably help the stop the truck.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just love how two Lazers fit on a 12 ft. trailer. It always makes the trailer look like it was built just for that. That is outfitted quite nicely. Maybe eventually, a shelf on the front (that you can drive right under), and you will have a whole bunch more extra room. That size is a nice way to go, though. Looks good!
  7. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

That is not a mini truck. That is a Toyota Tacoma. That truck is capable of carrying as big a load as most full-size trucks.
  8. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

it's unsafe and i don't recommend it, but with my 2000 tacoma 4wd, i hauled as much as 2 cubic yards of stone. i was careful, but the suspension didn't break. it was a manual trans, so downshifting while braking helped tremendously.

and yes, small amounts of stone did spill.
  9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

:hammerhead: Its a mini truck. I will hook my K2500 to it and drag it any and every where I wanted to and that little truck couldnt do a thing about it.
  10. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

My Tacoma is a Manual Transmission so I have alot of gearing down power to brake with. Also I don't go down the road at a 100 mph, keep a good follow time and always keep my eyes scanning. Also I have been driving this truck for 9 yrs now and have not had an accident yet. I drive for UPS to and they have taught me alot of tips about driving. It may not be able to compete with the big diesels but it does what I need it to do and that is get me from job to job(and I don't have a $600 a month truck payment to deal with). Also I have not had any problems with this truck. So lets get off the truck issues and back to the main thing(Mowing).