1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Here is why homeowners shouldn't play with chemicals.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Jun 15, 2003.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Two pics in my neighborhood. The first brain surgeon wanted to kill the weeds at his duplex. Of course Round-Up kills weeds doesn't it?

lawnjune15 001.jpg
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Number two is a homeowner that decided to fertilize his lawn. I think he thought he was using a broadcast spreader... strike that I really don't know what he was thinking.

I got a great laugh out of this one. Look Good.

lawnjune15 017.jpg
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

too damn funny.
  4. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

last year a lady called my office and had done that same thing. they had used roundup to kill weeds and in turn wiped out the whole lawn. they had a wedding planned for the next week and wanted to know what to do...I laughed so hard when I saw the place she started to cry. sooooo 500 bucks later and 5 gallons of tuckahoe # 6 turf paint she had the best looking lawn ever. I even touched up a few spots the morning of the wedding....nearly got hooked up with a bridesmaid...thats a whole nuther story.......
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I love the fertilizer one the best. We always drive by a house that I guy used a drop spreader on and it is so funny to look at.
  6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: turfguy, what happen w/ the bridesdmaid;) , tony
  7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  8. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

All that and they left the grass in the sidewalks untouched. LOL:)
  9. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont see any weeds though. roundup rocks :p
  10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

MOW ED,

The first pic looks like what one of my customers lawn looks like after True green KILL LAWN did. :mad:

I might go out and get some free sod from the paper and do the install and make a killing. :D