1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Here we go AGAIN!!! Sever Weather!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Jun 3, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

All of us mowing in East Central Kansas, Most of Missouri and all of the Ohio River Valley, Illinois and Indiana get ready for some nasty weather this evening. The SPC(Storm Prediction Center)has us all under a Moderate Risk for severe weather with Large hail and strong tornadic super cells being the main threat. I got all my lawns done by 2pm today. I would do the same if i were you. Be smart and Be safe.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

dang it stop hogging all the rain!

All we've gotten around here is severely dark clouds and strong winds, then it rains super hard for 10 minutes and that's it.
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

We Just got drownded out again today. 3 inches in 1.5 hours. I would be more than happy to give you some Topsites.
  4. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

well this is what i'm up against for the rest of the week. i was out mowing in the drizzle today

i just pulled this of the latest weather report.

Attached Files:

5. KCfireman

i have to agree with all of you. Here we have had well above average rainfall. The Kansas and Missouri rivers are well above thier avg. depth.
  6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Hey at least it is not Snow up there. :waving:

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm still waiting for a thunderstorm this year here.
  8. One_Man_Army

One_Man_Army LawnSite Member

I am in SW Missouri and I am tired of the rain. I mow all commercial and for some reason.....three inches of rain in one day.....they are all flooded out and it makes my job twice as hard.
  9. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

well dont forget arkansas haha weve had so much rain they opened beaver dam a couple of weeks ago to let water flow into table rock lake. the gates were open 9' and pushing about a million gallons a second. we cant get rid of it fast enough..
  10. KCfireman

i heard about that but now table rock is overflowing and they opened up like 5 out of the 7 gates on the dam.