Here We Go Again...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Mar 27, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

New school that has only been open a couple of years. Another leak under concrete making four total main line leaks at this site so far. Can't wait to start tearing it up. :)

Four Creeks Bike Area Main Leak 3-23-07 IV-01.jpg

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

And the season begins....ka-ching ka-ching!

3. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

Why no sleeving????

4. PurpHaze

You'd have to ask someone higher up the food chain than I. I have no input on anything until a new construction site is off warranty and turned over to us. Then I go in and start correcting problems. :dizzy:

5. PurpHaze

My season never ends. And there's no ka-ching involved since we do all repairs in-house. Only good thing is that I get to spend a LOT of taxpayer dollars. :)

6. Be glad you don't have to deal with this though pretty easy to diagnose.

In certain parts where I have most of my commercial account in San Mateo County, because it is right at the seam, I would first have to shut down irrigation mains before making a determination that it is an irrigation leak.
    Why?

Many of the places that the commercial accounts are located is man made fill, or just flood plains. Artesian springs are notorious for springing up in this area. (ever fly into SFO, pay attention to surrounding areas of taxi and run ways)

Between all the ground movement(earthquakes), the water aquifer being charged up from a ton of rain the last 3 years, capped and uncapped natural springs pop up. I-80 in Fairfield, 92 and I-280 and I-880 and hwy 237 have been sinking from springs that keep on popping up.

7. Don't you mean that you like to spend your own money :).....I mean, they do deduct taxes from you.

8. PurpHaze

I had to go to Burlingame last Wednesday for a doctor's appointment and stayed right by the San Francisco Airport. Amazed me how much insulation those hotels have to block out even the largest jets' noise considering we were so close. Tuesday evening was windy and nasty but Wednesday morning was just gorgeous. Here's a couple of pics from our balcony.

Burlingame AME Trip 3-21-07 IV-01.jpg

Burlingame AME Trip 3-21-07 IV-02.jpg

9. I maintain a multi-tenant site that has a leak under a H.H.Gregg parking lot on a lateral that we will be fixing in about a week. New saw for the job.....

saw.jpg

10. PurpHaze

We just let our "skilled trades" maintenance guys do the cutting with their wheeled saw. Then we go in with the Bobcat. :)