1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Here we go again!

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by iowastorm, Dec 17, 2000.

1. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Another winter storm on the way tonight. Des Moines should see the heaviest snow of about 6-8". Some out our properties are out of places to stack snow. Looks like we'll be hauling snow until after Christmas. My guys and I are getting burnt out; anybody else??
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like I'm in for another 2-4 tomorrow, with a little more accumulation by late evening hours. I'm ready to go again, I got a good nights sleep last night, and I gave my truck a good wash before I left work Saturday. BRING IT ON!!!

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

At least we got some time off between storms. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Be careful pushing snow back now, those piles have to be like a rock now with the rain we got and it being zero out right now. Good luck !! :)
  4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, they're rocks. I'm not even going to attempt it. The ones I was moving before were fresh. With me being somewhat new to commercial lots, I didn't think of where I would put the snow if any more storms hit, so I wasn't moving it back very far. The guy who has been doing the lot at work told me that we had to push them back a little further. Now I know. Learn as you go right?

At least I had a day with no plowing. Now I'm ready to go again.