Here you go: Redmax EBZ8001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Nov 2, 2006.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Just thought I would post a few pics of the new Redmax EBZ8001. Here's a pic of the 8001 next to a 7001.

Picture 041a.jpg

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Shot 2, another shot showing size difference between the two units.

Picture 044a.jpg

3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Most people will complain about the size of the EBZ8000, saying its big and bulky. Dont get me wrong the EBZ8001 is the same size, but its a big piece of equipment. However it doesnt stick out any farther off my back than a 70001.

This shot is dead on both blowers to show how wide the blower is. There is an 80001 hiding behind the 7001.

Picture 042a.jpg

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Last pic for now. Can show closeup shots of just the EBZ8001 if anybody wants. Going to have to give me a few days though they're on the other camera.

This pic shows there was an EBZ8001 hiding behind a EB8001. This isnt dead on so the 8001 looks a lot wider, but in reality it doesnt stick off your back any farther.

Picture 043a.jpg

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I cant tell much difference between my 8k's and the 8001's from the pics - but thanx for posting them nonetheless.

I am intrigued by those blower racks - who makes 'em?

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

+1 - those look like some quality racks, and I'm going to be getting a backpack soon.

7. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

The blower racks are made by greentouch.
    Here's a website: http://www.greentouch.com/
    I have the newer style of the rack because it is more universal for more types of blower. Be careful of where you get them from cause some will try to sell you the old style. I was going to fab up my own, but seeing that i found them for like $90 a piece and they are vinyl coated i couldnt go wrong. It would have taken me quite a while to make.

8. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Thanks. I buy only the best. I always feel "go big or go home."

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Good to see some others getting the 8001's now also.
    They are so much more comfortable than the 8000's.
    Heck, they are heavier than the 7001's, but I find them more comfortable than those too.
    I'm tall and don't like where the bottom of the 7001's come to rest at on my lower back.

Looks like you went with the regular ones? I went 8001RH instead.

The differences are hard to see there. New better frame, new better waistbelt, new air intake stuff, new blower fan, new rear blower housing half, new elbow, new muffler assembly, new choke setup... and other new parts.

The fit and finish of the package is there now for commercial use.

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Yeah i choose the LF hip mount cause thats what I am used to. I can see advantages to both, but decided to stick to with what I know. They are a little heavy, but you get used to carrying the extra weight after a while.

I like the 7001's no doubt, but the 8001's shine in their own way.

I havent logged nearly enough hours yet to break it in, but I still feel like the 8001 should be pushing out a little more than it is. I even popped that little black cap off to see if the throttle cable was opening up the carb all the way. I guess time will tell.