Here's a deal for you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Nov 4, 2004.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Went to pick up a couple supplies for my Ferris to 'winterize' it soon and the dealer knows I have been looking for a nice 36" to add to next year's fleet. Some guy bought one, but 5 hrs on it, and swapped it for a 48. Ultrabelt 2004 Ferris 5-speed, with Accelarator bagger on it, new for $3,100., going to sell it to me for $2,400. Not too shabby I think for an end of the year purchase...any thoughts?

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

3. chevyman1

Mark, what does that have to do with this dealer?

4. GreenMonster

from NH

Maybe nothing. Guy had a mower for 5 hours and traded it in. Why, he wanted a bigger one. Maybe so. Maybe not. Just thought some of your own advice might be helpful. I'd hate to see you take it in the a$$.

5. chevyman1

he wanted a bigger machine, the thing is brand new Mark. Brand new. take some of my advice right now...stop picking fights on here. The good members of this board shouldn't be subject to such stupid games. It really bothers me that someone like you who I think does awesome work and has a lot to offer, pulls this. Come on, people should be looking up to you, not laughing at you

6. GreenMonster

from NH

Just trying to provide some friendly advice. Not sure why you're picking on me. :cry:

BTW, if you tried to trade in one of your mowers with 5 hrs on it, it would be considered "used", not "Brand new".

Besides, I don't mind if people laugh at me, cuz I can laugh at myself...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

see?

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Come on chevyman, surely with yur experience you can lowball him into an even better price.... :p

8. GreenMonster

from NH

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

BRING BACK THE POINTS!!!!

9. chevyman1

sorry I will say "like new" to make Marky feel better :rolleyes:

Put in a bid today for $165k for next year...found out the company last year bid 175k....might be lowballing, but it's ok with me! :waving:

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

ROFLMAO good one.