Here's a First!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have one client, a very good one at that. They are a gay couple. Anyway one of them is about mid to late 50's. He mostly stays at home. So i was done with their yard and saw some things in the back yard that I wanted to address with him. I knocked on the door and he comes to the door wearin his bday suit! and had no shame in it...I was like...ok I guess now is not a good time and he said sure it is and continued to talk to me, for about 10 min. Wanta talk about an awkard moment in my life! Worse thing is, is that I was trying to upsell more busines to him so I had to try to keep eye contact but had to keep looking away at the dirt, sky...bugs on the wall whaterver!!! Needless to say I got the upsale, but now i feel so dirty (sits in corner of shower trying to get clean) LOL :)

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Can't say i've ever had that happen, that would be a little embarrassing, especially since it was a guy. I have had several women come to the door in night-gowns, bath robes & swim-suits but never in their birthday suit.

I once had this lady that was trying to clean up the dog poop in her backyard while wearing a slinky night-gown, she thought she could get it all cleaned up and get back in the house before I started on the backyard but I must have been a little too quick that day, it was like a deer staring at your head lights as I walked into the backyard, awkward for both of us.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Wow that's not something I want to have to deal with...

Iv'e had several older ladies answer the door with obviously no pants on, they hide behind the door with their head sticking out the side of the door. Had one old guy answer the door in his underwear one day, guess he was getting dressed when I rang the bell. Awquard!

The distrubing one is my wierdo neghibor of mine, I can see thir front door from my garage. More than once I hear a noise over there, I look up and it's him opening the door to let the dog in or out, totally nude. Talk about sick... Guy is a little off in the head, guess he was a hard core alcoholic for like 30 years.

4. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

There is a lady that i mow for well she is married her husband works she doesnt. For some reason most lawyers wives dont work and i dont get it;)
    Anyway thier yard was one of the first i picked up that was in an upscale neighborhood when i was starting out about 5 yr ago. Anyway for the last 3 yr or so in the summer if i come in the afternoon she will be sunbathing on her chair next to the pool wearing nothing. If i walk in the back gate most of the time she will throw her towel over her bottom half but not the top ;) but if she doesnt have a towel with her lol she just lays there. Its kinda weird she will talk to me and everthing. Anyway she is pretty friendly with me so i finaly got the nerve to ask her why she stays outside naked when she knows im there. She replied i figure we are both adults im sure you have seen a woman naked befor and i dont think i should have to interupt my sun bathing just because the lawn guy is going to be here for 45 min. She went on to say well if it bothers you or any of your employees i will go inside while you are here i dont mean to offend anyone i just didnt think it botherd you. I just said o it doesnt bother me i just wondered and told her she was ok and not to worry about it. So now it doesnt even really fase me we just go about our business. I did have a guy 2 yr ago that ran into a tree in their back yard w a walk behind. I dont think he was watching where he was going:dizzy: Not that i can blame him she is like 30 and pretty good lookin. Guess whos yard gets mowed in the afternoon in the summer :rolleyes:

5. okiest8

okiest8 LawnSite Member

was he sporten wood:laugh:

6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I have three clients who are all women, they own three houses together - their primary residence, a lake house and a different house I haven't seen (out of state).
    Well the one woman calls me up today literally pleading with me to drive to their primary residence about 1 1/2hrs away.
    While talking with her she says all three of them "like" me, feel sorry about my bid D situation and wouldn't mind seeing me in a social situation.
    Soooo, I ask what type and the girl I'm talking to replies, without missing a beat, too have a few drinks and then we will see what happens from there.
    I know where I will be tomorrow afternoon:drinkup:

7. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

This just might be the greatest thing ever. You are one lucky man

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Awesome! I have worked in the water and cable utility business for some time and this is EVERY utility worker's dream!!!!! You HAVE to let us know what happens! :p

9. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

This was quite a few years back a lady i cut for walks up to me while i am cutting her neighbors to pay me. She then tells me to stop by one evening. I asked, what do you need done? She says nothing, just stop by if you want. I had just started seeing someone at the time so i kinda blew it off. i still cut for this lady today, but the situation has never came up again.

Another i knocked on this ladies door and no answer. I started walking away and hear her from an upstairs window. She yells, i'll be right down. i walk back to the door and there she is, in a thin robe that barely covers the bottom half. She says she just got out of the shower and will have to right me a check. Well there is a table right behind her so she turns around and bends over to right the check. Her whole backside is waving in the air.
    to bad she was about 75 yrs old.

10. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I would have said something then! This guy is a nudist. And for the most part my eye contact was with a crack on the wall about 10 feet from where he was standing! :)