Heres a good one "Winterization Cost"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lehrjetmx, Oct 18, 2007.

1. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I got a phone call the other day from the school that I had a contract with. Turns out that they got someone else to Blowout the system for them at a cost of $150.00. How keep in mind that it a 24 zone system on 10 acres with a 2 1/2 inch main. I know everyone in here hates to hear "How Much" but what the heck I'm pissed off. What would you guys done with this and "How Much" would you guys have charged for this system?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

At least $300

3. Duramaxsle1

Duramaxsle1 LawnSite Member

I would want $400.00.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not to steal your thread, but a customer of mine got a flier for $33 blowouts, and additional discounts for getting other neighbors. Their company name is REAL close to mine. I have gotten some of their business, and they have gotten some of mine. This lady accidentally called them, was scheduling, and realized it was the wrong company. She hung up on them.

5. Duramaxsle1

$33 DOLLARS!!! That's insane, do it for $3 and put them out of business!!!

6. Duramaxsle1

I charge $10.00 a zone for res.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't make it here. Each market is different. You'd get some... but lose a lot of customers. A lot of these neighborhoods are bumper-to-bumper homes. You'd keep all the cheapos - 3-5 zones, but lose a lot of the 8-12 zone homes and above. Heck a lot of my high end homes are now balking at $60-$65.

I thought about subbing out the the $33 guy. See if I can get a group discount of $20-$25!!! When I first got into irrigation in '93 working for someone else, we were charging $40.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I have a bank I take care of with 24 zones, but it's on maybe one acre. 3 drip zones. takes me 45 minutes and I charge $150. Your property I would do $300 minimum without looking at it. Tell them your repair prices just went up.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto..that's a big main to blow...does it have a remote pigtail?
    Sure should with that sq. fottage.

10. lehrjetmx

lehrjetmx LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Pigtail now thats a funny one!!!! I have to put one in but I guess I worry about that next year!!!! They still want me to take care of the system for all the other service.