Here's a hint......MEOW!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Boss Exc., Sep 6, 2008.

1. Boss Exc.

Boss Exc. LawnSite Member

Well I went to the Sandwich Fair in Sandwich,IL today and got a nice surprise.It was a pretty new Cat 279C CTL.All I have to say is pics just don't do these new CTL's any justice....These thing's in person are unbelievable!Their HUGE!The bucket on this 279C seemed like it was twice the size that is on the 297C,Maybe yes maybe no but it was BIG.I know there has been pics of this on here before but I snapped a few more for you guy's...Oh and I took a couple of pics of a 315D for ya too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

after running a tak and having the roll up widsheild I just don't think I could ever get used to that type door setup. It's nice sometimes to just run the machine with the door up, kinda hard with that setup.

looks like a nice machine though. What size bucket is that? about a yard?

I bet those track sure can rap that machine up in mud with no fenders!

3. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like that 315D has the same "plastic mailbox flag" as some call it that the Case machines have.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Look at the exposed hyd lines in the under carriage.:confused:

5. CAT powered

I doubt they'd be much of an issue and if they were it looks like you could weld a piece of plate steel right over them and have it not be an issue. You could probably even put it on a hinge if you want to.

6. Boss Exc.

That would be the very first thing I would do too that machine is cover those hyd. lines...Their pretty exposed.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That 297 looks like a brute I think Cat will have good sales with that machine.

I also noticed the hydraulic lines its hard to tell but that might be hard piping if its rubber thats not a good place for them.

8. Boss Exc.

Their regular hyd. lines...It's not hard piped.

9. CAT powered

It looks like you could weld a piece of steel right to the piece going diagonally right below the hydraulic lines there. That would keep the lines shielded pretty well and if you hinged it as I mentioned above you could flip it back to access them if you need to.

Also is that a plastic safety bar on the 315?

10. Boss Exc.

If your talking about the bar that locks and unlocks the controls I believe it is.