Here's a LONG list of Nurseries

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by D Felix, Jan 27, 2005.

1. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at the CENTS show in Columbus, OH on Tuesday, and decided to make a list of all of the nurseries that were exhibiting. I'm now questioning my sanity; it took several hours to go through the exhibitor list!:)

Anyway, the list is ~20 pages long (one column, easiest for formatting and less likely to come out screwy for someone) in Word, there are MANY states represented. There's (obviously) a lot from Ohio, but also a lot from Tennesse (I swear you could dial ANY number in the 931 area code and get a nursery!) and several other states.

All that is listed is the name, city and state, and the phone number. Occasionally there is a toll free number listed along with the local number. There's also a few notes with a few of them, as they are not true nurseries but plant brokers.

TAKE NOTE: not all of the nurseries listed grow all types of stock! In fact a lot of them specialize in only a few things. The list is just a starting point for you. Many of them had URL's listed in the book, try doing a search before you call! I did not list the URL's or fax numbers in order to save me time and also to keep the list shorter in length.

I hope this list helps someone out, it took a while to compile.:)

Dan

Attached Files:

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the list Dan.

:D

-Geoff

3. If a person wants to know where nurseries are, all you got to do is contact the extension in your county or contact your state ag college , they can put you in contact with state nursery associations and you'll have all you need. Its not hard to find with a little effort. Join some of these organizations you might learn something. By the way D Felix how was the cents show this year.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

JBLAWN

Thanks for the tip JB, glad there are so many good folks willing to help others out. :)

-Geoff

5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Much appreciated on my end!!

6. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Big.

I was at the Mid-Am show about 4 years ago, first and only time I'd been there. I thought that was a big show, but from what I remember of it, seems like the CENTS show was about 2-3 times larger. Our IN show is nice, but MUCH smaller; it doesn't take all day to walk through it!:)

For me, I don't see any reason to go to the CENTS show every year. Maybe every 5-7 years, but probably not any more often than that. Of course, it's a 3 1/2 hour drive too!

Dan