here's a new one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by redoak77, Oct 25, 2004.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Man did i get fraked today. I was walking my emark hydro down my drive to the trailer today and i went to up the speed as i came out of the garage but the mower did increase in speed. I was a little perplexed and i let it coast for a second. Then all of a sudden it just took off at top speed. it caught me off gaurd and i didnt let go because it happened so fast. next thing i know, ive done a 180 and am heading back towards the brick wall of my house. i finally let go in time to avoid collision and i felt like l had just had a hart attack. turns out the pin that links shifter to the horizontal bar that controls the hydro pumps and come out and the hydro pumps went all open. just thought id share and let everyone be awhere of this and make sure to check urs.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I used to have an old exmark walkbehind that used to do that all the time. I would have to turn and get a long straight stretch so I could attach the arm while standing on the velke, and it always seemed like I was headed for a house or a car.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Its a good thing you didn't hit the brick wall.

4. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Sh** like that always happens to me when someone is looking, and I feel like such a dumba**!