heres a story for you! My mower and atc

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Amco Landscaping, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

Heres a story for you guys! I am mowing the other day at a customer of mine that has a steep hill so i usually do it with the 48" wb scag well as i am going across the hill the mower start smoking and the motor starts pounding hard so i shut it off let it sit for a minute and try to start it again! when i started it again I heard a loud bang and it shut off. Long story short it blew a 3" hole out of the bottom end of the mower motor.
    The hill is to steep for me to push it up myself so i go home and get my honda 3 wheeler atc onto the trailer and go back to try and pull it up the hill.
    it was moving fine then all of the sudden the trike popped a wheelie and flipped on top of me. I was ok but the bike was a little messed up. I decided to forget the trike idea instead i took apart there chain link fence at the end of the hill pushed mower underneath onto the road behind them and got it with my truck. why didnt i think of that in the first place you ask? I have no idea just wasnt thinking.

I know this is a long story and i am not to good at typing so i hope it make sense, i just thought some people might get a laugh out of my pain and stupidity. I ended up buying a 48" Yazoo mower to tie me over just until i get a new motor for my scag walk behind.
  2. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Those trikes are death machines! sorry to hear about the scag, prolly wasn't getting enough oil on the side hill.