Here's a thought !!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matts Mowing, May 23, 2004.

1. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

First off I would like to say that I am new here but have already read a lot of good advice.... I have been in the biz for 4 years on my own and several years when I was a young buck..:D I had a thought that came to me when I was mowing the other day. I was going over the family bills and kept shaking my head at the fact that I am paying $1000.00 a month for my two kids for daycare. Then it hit me....We have all been missing a FANTASTIC labor opportunity..... How about opening a daycare part time accepting only kids from the range of 12-16 yrs of age, charging $500.00 a month per kid then taking the kids on a mowing field trip everyday...... :D :D :D I know I can surpass that $1.00 a minute average....:p What you think?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I think you should try it and let us know how it works out for you. Do they have Internet access in jail?

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

No offense but the air must be thinner in No. Colorado. I am thinking you don't have kids either because there are no 12-16 year olds that go to daycare.
    The 12 -16 year olds are old enough to provide daycare or babysit. I am sure you are just jackin us around but keep trying to solve the crisis. Now you can head To Golden or Ft Collins for some liquid thought enhancer.

4. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

I'll tell you what MOW - From the looks of some of these 12-16 year olds running around these streets, I think they definitely need some daycare.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am not gonna argue that one Matt. I know that this is getting off the topic a little but I place lots of the blame on mommy and daddy that are either too busy excelling in their careers to worry about the little monster they have created.

On the flip side, I have a couple of teenagers and so far they are good kids with good friends. A and B students that are involved in lots of school activities and sports. I get to see many concerts, soccer, basketball, football and track meets.
    I also see and know the kids who have it rough.

What is the solution? I don't know. Lots of single parents trying to survive and the kids are doing what they want when the hit that age. My wife and I try and do the best we can by staying involved with our kids. I believe that involvment and faith in God are great places to start.