Heres a TotalCareSuggestion...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TotalCareSolutions, May 4, 2003.

1. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Many of you already have your own website. This could still be added & useful to you, or you may not be interested.

Yearof theYard.com

1)Contribute your "exclusive member" $60 to a website fund.

2)Build a beautiful website.

3)This website will have information for your average homeowner:
    -increase value of home w/ Landscaping xtras: provide pictures
    -provide real estate facts/stats/vision
    -value$ of investing in curb appeal (hardscaping, watergardens, mulch)
    -definition and importance of fertilizer
    -definition and importance of aeration

4)General educational imformation to offer a homeowner that may lead to MOTIVATION & SALES for YOU.

5)Lawnsite.com has named 2003 "Year of the Yard". Time to invest!

6)What perception do you see in your minds eye?

7)Place this website on your fliers, cards, invoices....

8)Lawnsite gets a cut to manage, etc,etc

Help each other, help each other.

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Well, to tell you the truth, I really dont want homeowners browsing this forum and learning all the secrets, our rates, hearing about how we deal with their problems, venting,etc.
    I dont' even think about telling local LCO's about this site, No Way! You're talking about putting LS on fliers, cards,etc.........Not a good idea, IMO.

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto that here greenman! They'll figure out how to make their own sweet stripes in their lawns, and then we'd be out of a job!!! :eek:

4. TotalCareSolutions

NOT HERE!

Another totally seperate educational website specifically designed for homeowners. What you'd like them to see. Educational, informative...so on & so forth

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Oops, thats what I get for not reading it throughly:rolleyes:

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Sounds like a good idea. A couple people have complimented me on my website so that shows that they're looking up the address on there anyway.
    As mentioned above, we do NOT want to over-educate them so that they think they can just bypass the pros. Just give them the bait and let them swallow it before thinking and looking to see if it's fake ;)

7. TotalCareSolutions

I suppose im not being exactly clear...

I didnt mean for us to give anything to the Homeowner except some motivation. Maybe make a light bulb flash. Its basically stuff they could find on internet...lawn&leisure.com...whatever.
    They could type "aeration" and find all they wanted.

This would be another avenue of educating/proffessionalizing and at the same time marketing.

It may bring a group of true proffessionals together, for one common goal.

It would be a way of echoing to the public, countrywide. And behind the scenes we could let each other know of any success in our area.

I dont know ........just a .02 idea, been seein some dissention, seperate forums, fees...thought id try a slightly proactive idea??

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Tell us more how #4 works? How will it generate more work for an individual member?

Who will create it? You mention that LS will "manage" it, who specifically, and what's in it for them?

It's interesting. More details.

9. TotalCareSolutions

Gogetter,

To be honest, im not exactly sure. This is where some fresh ideas from others could help. A foundation of ideas, a brainstorm.

#4) If you were taught that doing xxxxx will increase the value of your property/house, you may be more inclined to do it.

(ex) "Real Estate Commission states that the value of a house can be increased 10% with some minor aesthetic improvements."

(ex) "Do you really know the benefits to Fertilization?" - Have diseases listed, other facts....

(ex) "What is Aeration" - have a diagram.......
    Educate....I have plenty of customers that know aeration is a good idea, but dont know exactly why?

Im not inclined to buy something until, the obvious benefits are pointed out to me. Then I feel much more compelled to buy.

I leave recommendations with my customers, but rarely have a chance to really educate, just sell. They could get this from the privacy of their own home. They could pilot their way through "our" website and see what a "Lawn" is supposed to look like. Maybe they have never thought of a Watergarden?

As far as your second point, managing the thing. I dont know. I dont build or sell websites. There are a lot of people on here, that would probably be much more qualified to answer those type questions. Im just sharing an idea. I see where guys are going to spend $60 for a membership, and thought Id throw this out there, you might see a better 'return'??

10. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, just so I understand....you are offering a domain for sale?