Here's another "Name My Business"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Fahzu, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Fahzu

Fahzu LawnSite Member

Thinking about changing my lco name to "Forward & Backyard". Is it catchy :clapping: or is it lame:hammerhead:? Don't be shy. I think I can take it. Really though, thanks for any feedback.

2. Elite LawnCare

Elite LawnCare LawnSite Member

How about ForYardBack?

3. Fahzu

Fahzu LawnSite Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I might need you to break that one down for me...is Yard the connection between 'fore' and 'backyard'? As you might have figured out I'm not that creative with word play.:confused:

4. Elite LawnCare

Elite LawnCare LawnSite Member

For-Yard-Back.....kind of strange but thats the first thing that came to mind plus a little shorter. ForYardBack LawnCare would be different

5. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I am partial to no nonsense business names. Mine is simply (my last name) Lawn & Garden Services. Using my name lets people know that the buck stops with me, I put my name on my work, and I stand behind it. I'm not a big operation, and I don't want to sound like one. just MHO.

6. Fahzu

Fahzu LawnSite Member

You make a strong point Whitey. I currently use my last name too, and am only having these thoughts because my wife is a teacher and has some reservations with me lettering my truck with our name. Even though the business is 3 years old I have stayed very small because I spend most days home with the kids(Mr. Mom) but hope to grow starting mid 2008. It just seems like now is a good time to address the name issue before I have to change too many things. The other reason is that I used 'Landscaping' after my name without thinking it labeled me as a contractor (which I am not). I don't want to draw any attention to myself for jobs I shouldn't be doing (rare). Anyway, thanks for the advise Whitey. Any other thoughts on the additional info are appreciated too.

7. broncobilly142

broncobilly142 LawnSite Member

try somthing short and catchy that you can have a logo with mine is JUNGLE CUTS .Let us tame your yard .my shirts and cards have a monkey pushing a lawnmower .costumer's love it lol shows your not up tight and have a since of humor my work speeks for its self .Pluss i go out of my way for all customors .

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yep I like yours a lot....second place goes to the Two Clowns mowing company(lot of potential for logo on that one too.)

9. Fahzu

Fahzu LawnSite Member

Thanks Broncobilly. I like the idea of something short, and adding a slogan isn't bad either. More importantly the package idea is a relevant one. Having a catchy name with logo and slogan is a nice way to get name recognition. I recall an earlier thread that brought up the same suggestion and am trying to follow that advice.

10. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

you do need something that will jump out and grab your customers unlike others. how about (grade school mowers) we learn slow but we always do it right the first time. good luck with your name it will change your business for the better.

CIMG0231.jpg