1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

here's my budget and what i want (need)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Curious Porpoise, Jan 26, 2006.

1. The Curious Porpoise

The Curious Porpoise LawnSite Member

Currently, my mowers include a 21" Toro (for the gated backyards) and a 48" belt driven Lesco walkbehind (which will be sold this upcoming year). Hopefully by mid-end of the 2006 mowing season i'll have both a 36" and 52" wright stander. unfortunately, right now i can't afford either one of them. so what i'm going to do is buy a 36" hydro wb to tie me over (i hate using the 21") in the mean time while i save for my standers. After that i guess i'll just use the 36" hydro walkbehind as a back-up machine for the standers.

here's where i need help. i'm thinking i'll have a budget of somewhere between $3,000-$4,000 for this mower. i can't have it exceed $4,000 including tax, mulch kit, grass catcher, etc., so i need to be $4,000 "out the door" max. What are some suggestions for good 36" hydro wb mowers in this price range? most companies' websites don't list their prices, so i need input from people who have experience w/ this and know good reliable machines and their prices. i appreciate the help...
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Why don't you save your money and buy a $500 Bunton Belt drive (old style).
    Instead of spending all that money on a new hydro.