Here's my choices! What's your advice?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kybuck, Nov 1, 2002.

1. kybuck

kybuck LawnSite Member
    from ky.

Here are my choices:

Dixon 18hp Kohler, 50"--$4350

Hustler Fastrak 18hp Honda, 52"--$4800

Dixie Chopper 17hp Kohler, 50"--$4995

Grasshopper Midmount 18hp Kohler, 48"--$5700

I would like your opinion on any of these mowers I can't seem to make up my mind:confused:

I'm mowing about 3 acres maybe more. Thanks

2. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

which has the best dealer support. Have you demoed any of them. That is the only way to tell which one is best for you. I have not been on any of them but i would go with dixie just b/c of reputation.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go with the one with the biggest deck that gives you the best looking cut.

Demo every single one of what you're considering. Price and deck size and HP means NOTHING if the cut sucks. <that's a period!

If the dealer wont let you try something you're fixin to spend $5K on, find another dealer.

4. Buddy Irwin

Buddy Irwin LawnSite Member

KyBuck

I assume that you got back in touch with the Hustler Dealer after our phone conversation.
    The Hustler FasTrak is unmatched in constuction. Along with Dealer support that I personally stand behind, you have to look at these facts. Hustler has a two year bumper to bumper warranty that includes PARTS and LABOR. The leading edge of the deck has a LIFETIME warranty. Unmatched performance on slope. The choice should be easy for the Hustler. Ride it yourself and SEE the difference.

Buddy Irwin:) :)

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Dealer support means a whole lot when choosing a mower. If you want us to pick one for you, we cant. Its your call, BUT I do think that just about everyone on this forum would be partial to either the Dixie or Hustler. I dont know how the bigger Honda engines hold up, but the small ones(like on the 21"ers) cant be beat.

6. Buddy Irwin

Buddy Irwin LawnSite Member

Kybuck

The Hustler you priced was a 20hp with a 52" deck.

Buddy

7. kybuck

kybuck LawnSite Member
    from ky.

8. kybuck

kybuck LawnSite Member
    from ky.

Thanks Buddy your right it was a 20 hp :D

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Dixie would be the best. I would say Hustler would be great also, but the bigger honda motors suck. I have several small honda motors that are truely awesome, but the larger ones don't compare. Get a kohler or kawi.

10. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with the Dixie Chopper, pretty darn awesome. You sure you cant get any of those with a Kawasaki engine?

:cool: