Here's my Cleanup Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I snapped a shot of my cleanup equipment today for showing to potential customers during sales calls. Here it is. I have an Echo Shredder-Vac too but didn't feel like digging it out. There's also a 7 yard leaf box on my trailer and of course tarps and rakes.

lawnequipreduced.jpg

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

tell me darryl, how well does the dethatcher work? does it work on embedded leaves?

GEO

3. Darryl G

geogunn - It sure does pick up matted leaves. It's a new purchase, but I've used it enough to testify to that.

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

hey you stole my mower darryl.thats the last straw...lol
    thatcher works well on packed down leaves.you have to go over the lawn twice to rip up some thatch but its know where near as good as a power thatcher,but a power thatcher may thin the lawn more than what you would like

darryl

how many feet do you move before that bag fills up? with leaves i can make one 15 ft pass.just grass i can do the whole lawn.

get some signs on that truck.did you see mine? or at least put some on the trailer bud.

5. Darryl G

Mike - I don't bag thick leaves without grinding them up first with gators. If I do that, I can fit quite a few. But most of my accounts have on-site disposal areas and I just blow, push or tarp the leaves to it.

I'm not using that truck for service yet, just sales calls and as a back-up, so am holding off on the signs. I have signs on my other truck.

I just took the photos next to the truck so you can't see my lousy lawn and all the tattered tarps covering the piles of junk in the yard!:D

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

lol i hear yah about the junky lawn.its funny how most of are customers have nice lawns and there kept up each week and we have the piles of junk all over and nice green weed lawns lol.2 years ago i hired another landscaper once to cut my lawn because i didn't have time.i cut my grass twice a month atleast lol.thats great that you can dump the leaves on site.wish i had some accounts like that.BTW nice truck even though im a ford guy.
    i like the color

7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Nice stuff Darryl, gotta love those power brooms. Is that a BG walk behind blower?? How do you like it I'm? I'm thinking about getting one this fall.

8. Darryl G

Mike - Yeah, if a customer had a lawn like mine, I'd refuse to mow it! It neeeds to be wholly renovated. It's really lousy soil...a veneer of top soil over gravel. Luckily, you can't see it from the road.

LB - Yes, the power broom is awesome. It's come in very handy for getting all the sand and stone off lawns after our brutal winter. Good for cleaning up after mulch install jobs too. Yes, that's a Billy Goat with the 10HP Briggs I/C. The remote-operated chute is really nice, it's light (comparitively anyway) and the handle is isolated with rubber so you don't get much vibration. I picked it over the Giant Vac and Little Wonder for those reasons, even though it doesn't have as much brute force. I contemplated the 13HP Honda engine but couldn't justify the additional cost.

9. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Nice equipment.

You may want to blow the debris off your wb and snap another pic.

Just a though.

10. Darryl G

Debris? It's thatch that was painstakingly applied in all the right places to give the impression that I actually use my equipment, LOL.