Heres My Equipment. What next?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rolext_tonight, Aug 14, 2008.

1. rolext_tonight

rolext_tonight LawnSite Member

2006 dodge ram 4x4
    18 ft. trailman trailor w trimmer racks
    2007 kubota b3030 w/ cab (air\heat)
    6 ft. Tebban brush hog
    6 ft blade
    5 ft. finish\belly mower kubota
    craftsman 52 in riding lawn mower
    red max trimmer
    artic cat 400 4 wheeler w/35 gal. sprayer 12 ft spray
    seed\fert hopper 100 lbs. pulls behind 4 wheeler
    I need some ideas for what type of blower. Eventually I want to get a 52in. Hustler zero turn but i need to make some money with what i already have. I use microsoft office 2007. I am new to this website but all replys would be greatly appreciated. (may need some help time to time, so bare with me PLEASE.) Thanks Sean

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I see you already have a redmax trimmer...try out there blowers..there sweet. I have a ebz8001 that blows the hay outta stuff.

get some accounts too.

3. Ducati996

Ducati996 LawnSite Member

Its a late start in the season - best way to grab new accounts is early spring when folks are looking and plenty to be found. Folks at this point already have service - and its this time and earlier where they call you for other stuff (mulch/planting/removal etc) -
    Its never too late to start but right now maybe applications and of course fall cleanups are another way of getting in late in the season - or just pulling favors through friends to grab accounts

Maybe look at firewood sales as another way of introducing yourself over the winter?

4. brandon9996

brandon9996 LawnSite Member

08' F-250 Harley Davidson 6.4 Powerstroke
    22' tandem axle RICE trailor with hydraulic ramp
    2 07'John Deere x724 mowers 62" decks 27 hp john deere v-tech engines
    07' Exmark Navigator 22hp 48" deck
    2 Stihl FS 130R Trimmers
    Stihl BR 420 D Backpack Blower

Ill never buy this much again it was outrageous what equipment costs now days.

5. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Try Redmax blowers, they rock. You may be able to gain some jobs during the fall cleanup period. It's hard to pick up mowing accounts right now. Here it is dry and stuff. I haven't picked any up for a while. Are you going to get into snowplowing or anything? You could also gain some accounts by doing that. Or do snowblowing. It's cheaper to get into, and easier on your truck. Good luck

6. brandon9996

Yeah ill look the redmax blowers up and see what i think i appreciate it..but man we barely even get snows here so i figure all ill be doing this winter is minor cleanups and cuttin trees up for firewood. I hear there is good money in that around here some ppl charge $150-$300 a tree depending on size and time it takes and sometimes the location and difficulty.

7. rolext_tonight

rolext_tonight LawnSite Member

I have a 6' blade for the kubota but im not sure if i want to drive a trailor around in snow and ice. to me its to risky!

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

try Stihl ,redmax,echo or other proven name brands

9. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

brandon, you got a nice looking truck!

10. brandon9996

Thanks! Im fixing to change the wheels on it though cuz im not liking the ones on it right now i may go back to chrome. Its hard to see where im backing my trailor up with that truck i been thinkin bout investing in a z71 gas burner but im not sure what 1/2 ton truck would do good on pulling and gas mileage? My equipment trailor is heavey and ive never owned a gas burner truck..