1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Heres my new baby !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurfPro, Oct 19, 2002.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Well I'm a poppa !
    I picked it up this Friday and must say I'm impressed,,,it's a 52" Lazer HP with a 23hp Kohler.

BTW: Does anyone here have the striping roller installed on their 52" HP ? I'd like your impressions of it along with some pics if possible.
    Thanks

img00010.jpg

2. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

looks good...how much?

where'd ya get it?

3. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I see a ding on the deck, I would return it, must be a lemon ;)

Not sure if its your first ZTR but if it is practice those turns without ripping turf. Really hard to get the hang of. And watch out for hills while going sideways on em. You'll be at the bottom quicker than you can say $#!@# :p

4. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

ksland, Hehe,,yea I need some "Exmark Red" paint ;)
    It's not my 1st ZTR but it is the best one I've had so-far! As far as the hills go,,well I've yet to slide down one yet,,this thing sticks to a hill like stink on a monkey,,,,but I'm sure it's possible.

Captdevo,
    I bought it local for $6350.00 with Exmarks free mulch kit promo.

The only flaw I've noticed is both the armrests have 1/4" holes rubbed in them on the lower part,,I didn't notice this when I picked it up but a buddy of mine pointed it out for me,,,,but Terry is doing some investigating into this for me.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

looks good. let me know how that cupholder works out. i always wondered if i really need a cupholder on my lazer, but have yet to find it beneficial to warrant buying one. let me know if you use it. Good luck with your new mower.

6. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

NICE-the exact Z i anticipate getting when the props permit

if i recall, john gamba mentioned a roller in a recent thread? the striping one i think:confused:

7. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Very sweet! He he! I had a cup holder on my ZTR, I didnt like it because I would always put my Sonic Route 44 size styrofoam cup in it and it would be covered in dust and grass, no thanks! I took it off. :alien:

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I was looking at the striping roller on eXmarks web page and there are a few photos of the stripes with the E-Z Striping Kit:

striping2.jpg

9. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Another:

striping5.jpg

10. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Well,I know that my stripes will never look that defined because
    all we have here are warm season grasses such as Centipede
    and Bermuda,ST Augustene ,etc.....but any improvement would be nice.
    BTW,,all I've used the cup holer for is any stray debris I missed
    during pre-cleanup,,,,hmmm,,,I guess I need to try a drink in there sometime;)

Also,speaking of debris,where can you buy one of those debris bags that mount on your mower? That would come in handy.......................