Here's my new mower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenboy25, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Greenboy25

Greenboy25 LawnSite Member

Here is a picture of my new mower I picked up today. Its a Scag Z-Cat 36" w/19 HP KAW. I'll let you know how it does. BTW, I went with the 36" deck because it fits on my trailer with my 36" walkbehind and weighs in about 300 lbs less than a 48". Both seem to fit fine on my 6x10 trailer with my push blower, backpack blower and a trash can.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

may i ask what that cost.... very nice...

3. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... Looks nice, that will get into some tight spots :).

4. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cute! A baby Scag! I haven't seen one before.

5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Nice purchase. How much did it cost?

I still dont see much use for a small z in my company. A simple wb fits our needs and doesnt cost a lot. In any event, good luck with it.

6. Greenboy25

Greenboy25 LawnSite Member

It was $5800 (+tax of course). I have had small WB which has worked out great but it gets tough in the South Carolina heat in the summer. It was a bit more than the Exmark Phazer ($5k) and the Gravely 34z ($5100) but seems to be a better built machine than the Phazer and I dont like the Gravely dealer here so didnt even look.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You just think you would have no use for a small z,when you buy one you will kick your ass for not.

8. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

That is a fine looking mower! Sure you will enjoy using it. No experience with Scags but have not heard but a few negative comments, but even more good comments.

Reference your comment about the Gravely dealer: Some dealers just never learn do they? Here is a guy that just took himself out of the game by his dealings with a customer.

9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Nice looking machine.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't know they made them that small, either.
    Guess that's what happens when a female 60" Z and a male 72" Z are left over the winter in the shed together, huh?

Strange thing is, my two 48" wb's are always together, but I've never had any offspring come from this...
    One would think she'd bear us a 30" wb one year, but no...