Here's my question!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Big Dog Diablo, Aug 17, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Your right the Gravely 400 series is an amazing machine. It may have been my thread you read. But I would NOT work with that dealer. I know Gravely themselves would be happy to set you up with a demo. They may even contact you if they read this thread.

2. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

Yes sir it was your thread that I read. i would love to demo one but I refuse to ever step foot back in that dealership and thank you for all the info you provided. I have only been a member on LS for a few months and always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks.

3. GMLC

Your welcome! PM me if you have any questions. I also have extensive experience with Scag and Kubota. I have used or demoed almost every major brand.

4. Big Dog Diablo

I had thoughts of calling Gravely and asking them why a dealership would not let anyone demo one of their mowers but after thinking about it decided not to, Its a shame the next closest dealer is a couple hours away. I guess I will just wait and see what Big Dog comes out with next year. GMLC what suspension seat would you recommend for someone?

5. GMLC

Both michigan and grammer have some nice seats. I know there is a thread about an air-puffer insert. I have never tried one of those.

6. Big Dog Diablo

Yeah I read the thread on here about the puffer and checked out their web site. I will probably try it out but I'm kinda concerned about the extra operator height.

7. GMLC

That would concern me as well. I mow some steep hills and like to keep my center of gravity as low as possible. I also have some properties with low hanging branches.

8. Big Dog Diablo

I use my walkbehind on steep hills and ditches but I also have several accounts with low hanging branches and often get beat up by them before I leave the property.

9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

That dealer sounds horrible - I wouldn't deal with them either.

As far as the demo, the dealer 'owns' that machine and wants to sell it as a new one so they can't let you cut grass with it. They have the option to purchase 'demo' machines and sell them for less $$$ after x number of hours and gravely cuts them a break on price. If they don't have demo machines in stock the dealer should get in contact with their ariens/gravely rep to request they bring one out for you - it may not be an instant gratification deal but they should be able to dig up a 400 series pretty easily since that is their flagship.

10. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider LawnSite Member

Columbia has a Gravely dealer. It's not THAT far from Shelbyville. Not as close as Tulllahoma. I'm seriously looking at getting a Pro-Ride 260 but will likely buy from Columbia or Huntsville.