Here's my question!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Big Dog Diablo, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Unless you do something to piss him off...:laugh:

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

So for kicks I did the math. The seat and suspension system is available as an assembly. Its $1071.40 for that and roughly $428 for the isolating/mounting assembly when pricing out all the parts.

http://www.gravelyparts.com/pages/O...460_CARB,_Kawasaki,_60"_Deck/Seat/17229/17234 bam!

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

So about $1500 in parts plus you will need the electrical wiring and junction box. Also keep in mind this is direct mount to a 400 series so you will need to modify whatever machine your trying to mount this to. In another thread we figured over $2000 total.

4. JCLawn and more

from MI

its included in the assembly. http://www.gravelyparts.com/pages/O...ki,_60"_Deck/Seat_-_Service_Parts/17229/17235 Yes if you bought the assembly piece by piece it would be about 2400 in parts, but they sell the whole seat assembly as an assembly for 1071 or whatever i just said.

5. GMLC

The wiring is not included. It goes from the junction box on the machine to the seat. Its part of a harness that starts at the fuse block. It powers the pump and presence switch. Its another $245.00 for just the harness not including misc. fuses, fuse block etc. So again all said and done its over $2000. Can it be hacked in cheaper? Sure anything is possible. But its not a kit or accesory that just mounts up to anything easily.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  6. JCLawn and more

from MI

all it is a power wire going to the the auxiliary power supply and a wire going to the pto relay. So you id not care about the shutoff and wire it to the aux power or directly to the battery with an on off switch.

7. GMLC

Like I said anything is possible. Im not trying to be a jerk so please dont take it that way. 3 or 4 of us had already gone through the parts list like you are doing now in another thread a while back. Unless you have a 400 series its going to take a lot of modification to mount this seat and platform. Its just not meant to really fit anything else. The other members were trying to mount this set up on Gravely 200 series. It was easier and cheaper to just buy a Grammar air seat kit. But its not as nice as this seat and isolated platform set up. Another problem they were going to have was on the 400 series the seat mounts lower so on machines without the lower mounting location you going to add to much height.

8. JCLawn and more

from MI

And that's the problem with most good seats. If you want a good ride you need good suspension which takes travel. If you want a good seat its going to need modifications.

9. GMLC

Agreed. If I remember correctly we measured mounting locations and my 452 was 3 or 4" lower to make up for the travel. Adding a higher seat can be a problem for those of us who mow steep hills. I like my center of gravity as low as possible. With my seat already 3-4" lower than most I can air down and get an even lower center of gravity which helps me stick to hill sides.

10. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

While I have sat on the Gravely 460 (man that seat is out of this world) I have not got to cut with one yet(this week). If I decide to put a suspension seat on the Diablo I think I will try the puffer.