1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Heres pictures of some of my landscape work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MowinginEureka, Nov 25, 2010.

1. MowinginEureka

MowinginEureka LawnSite Member

Here's some pics. First one I did the bender board, fabric, and bark. Second one is a sod job. Third is the walkway I added to the sod job later. After that is two hedges I redid for a new customer. After that another major cleanup/fabric and bark job. Last one is of my main truck and trailer. I haven't bothered to take pictures of all of my equipment and my other truck and trailer. My second trailer is a work in progress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. steveo95

steveo95 LawnSite Member
    from SC

Good job with those hedges. I really like the color contrast of the steps and mulch in the first picture.

3. MowinginEureka

Thanks. Here's some more pics I found, taken with a 2 mp camera phone. So not as good quality. Lemme know what ya think!? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. steveo95

steveo95 LawnSite Member
    from SC

looks good, did you mow that yard in picture 6 with a 21?

5. blowngolawncare

blowngolawncare LawnSite Member

I like those stripes with the 21" walk behind. People these days are way too damn lazy with their fancy 48" dual hydros, z-turns, and other crap. Good to finally see some quality stripes on here, congrats man!:usflag:

6. MowinginEureka

Yes, all of my accounts are mowed with a 21'. I used to run a 42' walker. But as you can see in picture #5 and #8, my customers typically have tiny tiny fence gates. Those measure 24 in." Ugh! Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Lookin good man.nice work u do.

8. steveo95

steveo95 LawnSite Member
    from SC

Its not they are lazy, they use bigger mowers to increase they're production and increase they're profits and at the end of the day they don't feel as tired as they would pushing a 21.

9. LizzieLandscapes

LizzieLandscapes LawnSite Member

Just a couple of comments Ron, hope you don't mind me saying.
    The way you prune hedges is different than the way I learned to do it. I was taught to cut it so the top of the hedge ends up narrower than the sides.

The reason for doing it that way is so the top of the hedge doesn't keep sunlight from reaching the sides and bottom part. When the top shades out the lower foliage, the leaves tend to die off in areas. leaving unsightly holes.
    I'm not talking about single shrubs here, just hedges.

If you see a hedge that has always been trimmed in a box shape (square) and it has dead spots and holes along the sides and bottom, a lack of sunlight is usually the culprit. Trimming a hedge so its wider at the bottom than the top, prevents that.
    Though I don't see any problems in the picture of that one really tall hedge, so maybe the recommended pruning method is not really necessary for a good looking healthy hedge?
    If you are going to do corrective pruning, you should always ask your customer if it's ok to do it that way, before you make any changes to the shape of their hedge.

10. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna say props for the nice push mower work. I've done a bunch over the years that had to be done with a push mower, and it's hard to get a descent stripe pattern going with a 21" machine.