Here's the before and after

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grassrootsinab, May 19, 2004.

1. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

Eric,
    It's a 6 x12. I bought it from a guy who was getting out of the maintenance and into the installation and didn't need it any more. He bought it from the guy who made it. I guess the "manufacturer" worked for an outfit that recovered aircraft and had alot of extra aluminum. The skin is all riveted alluminum on a manufactured trailer. Inside is all 3/4 tubing to form a skeleton. I need to put some plywood up on the walls for mounting brackets for my rakes and trimmers. I was going to do it in the spring but the weather warmed up about 3 weeks earlier this year and I haven't had time...been too busy cutting and working my teaching job. I'm not sure it's clear in the pics but the upper "barn doors" are on pin hinges so they are removeable. When I off this summer I'll just leave those doors off for the day. It works SO much better than the old trailer. I've got my garage back and I don't have to waster a half hour on each end loading and unloading. The only PITA is refueling. Got work a better way of doing that. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. I'm going to repaint the trailer this summer.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Grassroots,
    Enjoy your new setup!
    Gotta be honest...........the old one looked a bit scary..........
    Good luck with it.

3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Definatly a step up, thats for sure. You going to bill board the trailer? Seems like a good way for a lot of free advertising.

4. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Nice truck
    Just got done putting 380k on my 1994 extended cab chevy, replaced it with a 2000 model extended cab with the four doors.

5. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I bought the truck this spring for $4800 (Cnd). It had a topper on it and I sold it for $300 so I've only got 4500 into the truck. The interior is mint. It's got 230,000 km on it and it only has the 305. Since I'm only in my small town, it pulls okay....glad I don't have to put too many highway miles on it.

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry this is a stupid question

4800 Cnd = $ what amarican

If i was to buy that truck here it would be about $2500-3000

The 305 should do fine, your not pulling that much weight.

One last thing 230.000 km = like 143k miles, thats not to bad.

7. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

Gotta love the enclosed trailer at the end of the day... Park it and lock it up, done deal.