Here's what a US mower head look like after 3000 hours

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by minimax, Oct 23, 2008.

1. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Here is some pics of my mower head on my mini-x because come of you have been asking to see close up of it.The blades have about a 150 hrs on the one side, the middle blades have already been turned.I think I have 3000 hours on the head.Ron here are the close ups of the blades and bolts sorry it took so long:hammerhead:
    DSCN0215.JPG

DSCN0217.JPG

DSCN0223.JPG

DSCN0224.JPG

DSCN0220.JPG
    minimax

DSCN0215.JPG

DSCN0217.JPG

DSCN0223.JPG

DSCN0224.JPG

DSCN0220.JPG

2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Did the mower come with the quick coupler mount or did you get it through Deere?Thanks for sharing the pic.Also the one on your other post of the tracks.:usflag:

3. minimax

Construct'O, US mower made the mount.

minimax

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

looks good to me!

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That is a damn heavy system, no wonder they have so much shredding power. I love the bolt and cotter pin set up.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Couple buddies of mine who are brothers just started up a biz last year and bought the Rockhound version about 3 months ago. They love it. I'd like to see how the Rockhound compares to the US Mower, I hear it's almost the same unit.

7. minimax

Rockhound's head is not built the same as the US mower,The rockhound head is built out of mild steel and the us head is built from DOMEX steel somewhat like T-1 but does not crack like T-1 or mild steel.The paint on the rockhound is water based paint and on the US mower head is a top of the line power coat paint.The cutter shaft on the rockhound is made from sch.80 pipe which is a 36k PSI yield pipe and US mower uses a drawn over mandrel which has a 72k psi yield.So I think the US mowers are better built.

minimax

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Impressive minimax. I stand in awe.:dizzy: Right down to the composition of the paint.

9. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Actually the DOM shaft is an option.Not sure why they say they use it then offer it as an option?
    Called the Super Samurai shaft.
    Here is the link for the sales brochure on the differences.

http://www.usmower.com/docs/whybuy1.pdf

I spoke with Gun for a while and I am going too order one before the year is up.

10. minimax

AWJ, I thought they use all DOM shafts for the mowers but the shaft wall thickness is 3/8" for the standard shaft and 5/8"wall for the Super Samurai shaft.But I could be wrong?You will be very happy with the US mower head.
    minimax