Here's What I'll Use For Liquid To Start

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Dreams, May 17, 2005.

1. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

2. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

I like a little experimentation! Does your costing come in similar? Let us know how it handles out in solution and application and your results on the type of grass you are working.

3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Its gonna be for St Augustine here in SE Texas. I talked to one of my buddies who said it's what he uses and he loves it. The rate is 2 - 3 ozs per K ft2. The rate on what I was gonna use was 3 - 9 ozs per thousand. So its about the same cost wise.

Thanks

4. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Green Dreams, I noticed the chelation material is EDTA. Chelation, slows oxidation keeping minerals in a form plants can take them in. Most all iron products are chelated with it. Look up EDTA up on the web and you will find it to be a very persistant chemical that may never break down in the environment. It is cheap and effective, but it has a big problem. It is found in just about anything of blue color you would find in a cosmetic counter, and in cleaners and soaps and, unfortunately, in the soil after many years. Iron products can be naturally chelated but it does add some cost. I know because my company manufactures a fulvic acid based micro-nutrient that is naturally chelated and very effective. It may cost a bit more but price isn't everything if you consider yourself to be a steward of the soil and the environment. Soil health should be a major goal in landscape care...not the bottom line alone, even though a healthy profit is absolutely necessary for all of us. The results gained form using high quality products usually speak for themselves. Being able to advertise the fact that your treatments are bio-degradable will give you an edge over the competition and a clear conscience...a good value I believe. Neal