Here's where I am so Far

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by J Hisch, Jan 19, 2006.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

As most reader of this forum probably know, I have asked alot of question over the past few weeks. Which Vehicle, converting to gas powered pump, which one to buy and Z-spray or perma Green. Here is what I have decided so far.

I bought a 6x12 dual axle enclosed trailer, Bought a 5.5 Honda and a Hypro D403 Pump. for my 200 gal sprayer. Now I am torn between the Perma Green or the intermediate Z-spray. I feel the Z-spray is a better machine but just too big for some of my properties. But will be good for others. I feel the Perma Green will be a little inconvenience on some of my larger properties but will fit better on my smaller ones. I know the Z-spray will stay longer in the company offering a wider range of possibilities. Where I am is what machine should I buy. Get the Z and spray my smaller stuff with tank and hose? or get the PG and be a little slower on my larger properties. What would you do?

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would do a Search on this site for "perma green" or 'z-spray' and you will get plenty of old posts about the good the bad the ugly about each one. :)

3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I got the skinny on everything, but I am just torn on which one would be best for me right now, given my current situation.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Personally, I would go for the machine that fits all properties, even if it is a little slower (or so it may seem) on the larger properties.

BUT, look at the long term solution, not the short term.

I know the Z-spray will stay longer in the company offering a wider range of possibilities.

Perhaps you have already answered your own question?

I know I was using my PG to do 12-15 acre properties that the z-max is doing much quicker. But at the time that I only had the PG it was still pretty good production.

5. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

my vote is for the Z. We have the z max and love it. I use it on some pretty small jobs. The ones too small get the hose and the push spreader. Haveing the Z will encourage you and allow you to go after some larger jobs. I would keep the 200 gallon as a nurse tank or for smaller jobs.

6. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.