Herniated disk

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I've got a herniated disk in my neck area. Getting old sux and I'm doing a lousy job at it. Been on steroids and its still not better so I'm having an MRI tomorrow. Anybody dealt with this and want to give me advice/experience info?

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever you do don't have surgery! Been there, done that and it can ruin your life!

Do as much physical therapy and stimulation and muscle strengthening exercises as possible to avoid surgery! It sucks now but it can and does get worse as you allow them to get more invasive in your back/neck.

If surgery is unavoidable, DO NOT opt for fusion!!!! Artificial disk procedures have just about made them obsolete! But again try to do everything in your power to take care of yourself and correct your posture, do muscle strengthening PT and get good rest at night!!

Good Luck I don't envy you but like I said, I have been on the table already and will NOT go back!!!!

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear that. No advice for ya. But hoping for a speedy recovery.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

My nuts hurt right now from back problems. I believe I herniated a disc in the lower back last year (didn't go to a doctor). I have had back problems come and go for most of my life. Since last years incident, my back problems are far more frequent. :cry:

5. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

drink more beer:drinkup::drinkup:

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I feel you! I herniated my L4 at 18 yoa. It has sucked but with therapy and regular strengthening and exercise, it doesn't bother me much any more.