He's got to be kidding...right???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

A guy who cuts one of the properties across the street from one of my accounts was there the same time as me today. He runs a Bob-Cat ZTR and since I'm in the market for a ZTR I figured I'd go over and yack a while to see what he thought of his.

Anyways the convesation made it's way to hill performance and he said he had limits, that's why he had a walkbehind too. Then here's what shocked me...

He said he talked to another ZTR owner one day when he saw him on a place way steeper than he goes on. He said the guy explained he had his drive tires LOADED for more traction. Wouldn't that cause severe tire track ruts?

2. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I know they will fill tractor tires with water, for added weight. If you do lots of hills, it sound like a good idea. But if the hills that steep, Id rather be behind a walk behind!

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Envy, this won't be any help to your question, but I'd like to suggest that you put something in the subject line that has something to do with the actual post itself.
    This way we have an idea what it will be about and can decide whether it's a topic we're interested in reading or not.

Your posts are always something like "hey read this", or "what do you think?". A descriptive subject line will help when people are doing searches to.

Not knocking ya, just a suggestion. Later.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Gogetter Said. PLEASE
    Johnny G.

5. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

i think my tires are loaded on the exmark but im really not sure if they help my hill performance. My only sugesstion would be that you not put too much b/c that might be bad for you hydros.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hummmm :confused:

Maybe he wasn't kidding after all then. I mean I can see where it increases traction and would make the unit more stable. But I thought that might be more harmfull to the turf.

I've put fluid in my tractor's Ag tires but not in the turf tires. Like I said, I thought it would just make too much tire pressure to the ground on grass.