Hess Lawns 2013

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ed2hess, Jan 18, 2013.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We bought a L.T. Rich aerator, seeder, and fertilize spreader. I am in the process of checking it out and looking at whether we can put a sprayer on it since it is a older model.
    026.jpg

How about these disk brakes? I hope I can grind off he edge of this
    brake pad to allow the wheel emitter used for speed to be put on. These are the mother of brakes and pretty darn simple. Two brake pads and a lever to actuate them.

037.jpg

044.jpg

This is the back side with knee panel removed. Pretty good access.

027.jpg

This is the aerator....the 300# slides are not in this view It is raised and lowered with hdro ram

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

044.jpg

037.jpg

2. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

subscribed!

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Looks good! Subbed

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Will that punch holes in your Caliche? I figured for a aerator y'all would use a jackhammer and TNT

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well we will see tomorrow. It has about 300#s of weights plus the aerator and it must be close to 150#. We have one $1000 job on high visiabily area. Also looking forward to using this spreader now we have a better chance of getting the right amount of fertilize on all areas. Before we had 4 guys going in key stone cop patterns.

Oh we could time our aeration to be done after the watering day.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is a couple of the bonus items from chev that I got installed. Notice that big chev logo so I guess they got their own source for toolboxes. We used to have to drive a long distance to get them installed.

062.jpg

Now how do we keep stuff from sliding around?

061.jpg

062.jpg

7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

My dad's truck came with a bed liner like that. My work truck doesn't have one. Seems like stuff is always sliding around in his truck and not mine. I am going to roll some bed liner in mine.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Son took the big zplugger off the trailer ready to roll. He is the irrigator so he
    was very very nervous about bringing an aerator on his properties.

002.jpg

This is a shot up on the media between two streets. We got a lot of those
    so I had to use the Walker ramp to jump the curb but work fine.

006.jpg

I was a little concerned how it would hold on slopes. No problem.

019.jpg

It took about 15 hours to do this one property so it ended up $70/hr. So far I am well pleased with stand on. We considered one that fit on the front
    of a mower....real glad didn't go that route. With this unit I can get around trees and bushes easily. Hydro ram for raising and lowering a must.
    to get around all these bushes and trees.

002.jpg

006.jpg

019.jpg

9. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Heard of Line X?

10. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my buddies uses lengths of rubber from conveyor belts really thick and super durable, good thing to you can remove it when you want. Good thing about it is usually free, since if stretched out or torn beyond repair is usually just trashed.