HessLawns 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ed2hess, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Here is some more of that free work. I am almost finished with this bed and now I am starting one about a 1/2 mile on the other end. I got all these plants free out of yards. I think I found something on those yacca....pill bugs eat the base of the leaves and they die back. I was stripping them to plant.

013.jpg

014.jpg

010.jpg

2. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

Is this an adopt a highway type thing? I just signed up for something like this last week.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Mowing these ponds and greenbelt was fun. This is what happens after 10 months of no rain followed by 3 months of constant rain. It was cool, no dust and the ground was soft so a smooth ride. And the best part nobody cares what it looks like. I had fun sliding around on this slick weeds. You know how you go fast when you pull back on the stick well I was going so fast some times that it was scary. Life little joys.

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

4. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Holy weeds batman!! Nice pics, looks like it would be fun. Glad to hear you guys got

the rain.

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure what that wild flower is in your shot but it looks good. It may be in the Rubeckia family. Probably the coolest native flower we have here is the Four Nerve Daisy. The thing flowers year round when planted in an irrigated landscape. You only find the Four Nerve in rocky areas where other invasive weeds can't easily grow .

6. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

How many propane mowers do you run?

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have three converted.......and I was told yesterday that we can get $5000 to convert 5 more as long as they have less than 300 hours on them.
    So since we don't have any that fit that standard I think we are going to buy a new V-ride and put propane on it. We need to get our trucks converted. Oh and price of propane dropped to $2.20 in our area.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That flower was pretty unique in that it was sitting by itself and I have never seen one like it.....boy you know your plants I am impressed.

9. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

i would love to cutt over grown stuff like that

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I got 31 of these holding ponds to cut. Last year I only cut them twice and this year I have 2 times already. The contract calls for 8 cuts a year.