HessLawns 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ed2hess, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I argued for years that there was no need for battery powered impact wrenches but a year ago I bought a sears unit. Real nice for this type of situation. And I have a tool box with every wrench you would need to get a unit going:laugh: I kid Jimmy at McCoys that he has $3000 worth of tools and if he would just check out my box of tools he could save big bucks. Over the years I figured out just what tool is needed and got the rest out of the box.

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

$300 for the tire? I pay $70 for my carlyle turfmaster.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A 4 ply t ire 24x12x12 for $70 bought where? Best price I have seen is $95 to $125.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We had a new floor put in our 10 year old closed trailer. We had a platform for those blowers but it wasn' t very permanent. Gota get those gas cans out of the back of the truck. Tubes are for rakes.

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The first picture shows those antlers that all the weld shops in our area use with E track for hanging trimmers. Got a big rain last Monday and then I did a bonehead thing and got the turf tiger hung in a bog. I learned how to run two machines.

017.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

6. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL. One of these days I am going to fork out the bucks and get a Milwaukee 1/2 inch impact for my set. Ya i need to thin my carry around tool box...it weighs at least 30-40 Lbs if not 50 or 60. Weighs a little less than a full orange jug of water.
    We have gotten mowers stuck so many times (mainly at our house) that its not even funny. Usually we get them out with a 4 wheeler or truck.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am still pretty happy with the Sears impact that sellsf for around $120. I am sure the Milwaukee would be better quality but aren't they pricey? Are you getting a lot of rain in your area? We have been fortunate that we got a fair amount of rain each month since October. Now the tough part of our season starts with the 90F stuff next week.

8. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

The bare tool runs 170 new...the kit with battery/case/etc runs 360. Worth every penny...450 ft-lbs of torque.
    Rain is hit or miss. Its still dusty and we are still recovering from the drought. Every company is growing like a weed here...with the rye coming in early and everything looking bad from last year a ton of new landscaping and sod is going in. The humidity has been killing us...I almost lost it on Friday. Need to keep my electrolytes up. I can tell you this much...its weeded out the good and bad guys that we have looked at hiring. I just need some more accounts right now to float some bills.

9. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

New trailer picked up today--

10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

photos here--just needs some mods inside and lights worked on-

2012 June 6 052.jpg

2012 June 6 054.jpg

2012 June 6 055.jpg