HessLawns 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ed2hess, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Kind of an interesting set-up. This one is closer to the ground than most of them I see. As a result the gate isn't all that tall.

013.jpg

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

is that a fold-out hydraulic lift gate on the back?

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Aphids are doing our Crepe myrtles in. They end up with this guee mess all over each leave and eventually the leave will fall off. I started spraying a few weeks ago to keep them from getting into my flowers.

018.jpg

019.jpg

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got our mid summer delivery of Mulch. We got 16 pallets this time

003.jpg

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of mulch is it? what is it running you a bag? We are getting hardwood at 2.95 a 3 CF bag which is not awesome but still an OK price.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

WE get both cedar and regular.... the price varies i think around $1.75 for 2 cu. ft. bags. Never seen the 3 cu. ft. ones and the reason is with the local ground stuff it would be tooo heavy to handle.

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

If the 3 cu.ft. bags are dry then they aren't too bad to move around but when they get damp inside they are a pain. I hate paying more for a 2 cu.ft. bag than a 3 cu.ft. bag but they are way easier to deal with.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A few pictures of how things look here in August. We got the big rain in mid July and that in addition to our normal irrigation has things pretty green. I finally figured out the flower growing thing after 30 years. Now I have to work on presentation. Those crepes were great but now all of them got aphids. We got an account that has 80 and almost all of them are along their car parking ....a night mare.

002.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is the top dressing we are using that includes moisture product in the wheel barrow and the compost soil mix. We definitely are going to upgrade to a spreader and getting RID of that aerator. That thing is like driving a tank. Does great as long as you can stay in a straight line.

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

10. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

The TNLA Expo is this week Ed. Is anyone at your company going? I'm heading to Houston Wednesday afternoon for the pre EXPO educational stuff. I'm going to get my required CEU's for my applicators license. They have CEU's for irrigators as well.